Meet The Team Behind Sofia Sardo by Design – Say Hello To Chloé
You’ve met Sofia Sardo, but have you met the ladies of SSBD? Let’s take a deep dive into the faces behind the business and see how well you know the team that brings your projects to life! Here at SSBD HQ, we celebrate and embrace the diverse backgrounds of our staff and would love to share their stories with you too.
Say Hello to Chloé, Creative Operations
Our South African-born Brit with a diverse creative background in digital marketing, global luxury retail project management, large-scale print, design and installations. Grabbing every opportunity that presents itself, never shying away from a challenge and being a ‘can-do’ member of the team no matter what the task at hand is. Chloé’s creative groundwork started at the age of 7, casually involved in multiple art classes and after school activities that required an open mind and a paint brush. Making great strides in her craft, her parents enrolled her into a second art school during senior year of high school, this required a lot of discipline and grit while competing with stronger, faster and better creatives.
Chloé has worked in operations for digital marketing agencies servicing some impressive brands, climbing the project management ladder at a global retail design agency for luxury beauty and wellness brands and more!
Destined to work in an environment that thrives on creativity, her role at the SSBD HQ infuses her diverse background of organisation and design. Working closely with Sofia, from day-to-day activities in operational management to creating social content, copy, blogs, website management, digital design work, photography planning and supporting the team where needed. No single workday is ever the same.
Chloé’s top 3 life achievements to date include
Rowing nearly 100km across The Orange River which borders South Africa and Namibia when she was only 17 years old. Creating bespoke stationery under her side hustle, Rum’n’Raisin Art and of course, being able to see New York at Christmas time!
5 Fun facts you didn’t know about Chloé
- She is a devoted conspiracy theories and murder-mystery podcast listener.
- Disciplined in traditional atelier, stencilling, mix medium and digital arts, Chloé was taught by an established South African artist, Kilmany-Jo Liversage.
- Chloé is obsessed with Halloween, to the point where she listens to spooky playlists while doing design work (weird) and would buy the house from Practical magic if it were real…
- Unsurprisingly, Chloe is also obsessed with Christmas and is known to start planning in July. There is no such thing as ‘too soon’
- Absolutely adores otters (sea and river variety)
Chloé’s most influential books, movies, musicians/music and designers that inspire her are
- Books – Nims Dai, Beyond Possible and Sarah Knight’s The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire (Disney, 2001)
- Any and all music – Having a broad appreciation for all genres is a must
- Palehorse – AKA Chris Parks, his love for sacred art, mystical scriptures, ancient cultures, plant medicine ceremonies, world mythology and travel is inspiring
Words to live by…
Chloé’s words to live by and motto in life is that you can tell someone’s character by how they treat animals… and her favourite quote from David Goggins “Know why you’re in the fight to stay in the fight! And never forget that all emotional and physical anguish is finite!”
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us, we’re excited to share more behind-the-scenes moments, updates, and team content with you. To Stay in the loop, follow us on our Instagram page
Let’s continue this journey together…