Meet The Team Behind Sofia Sardo by Design – Say Hello To Lúcia
You’ve met Sofia Sardo, but have you met the ladies of SSBD? Let’s take a deep dive into the faces behind the business and see how well you know the team that brings your projects to life! Here at SSBD HQ, we celebrate and embrace the diverse backgrounds of our staff and would love to share their stories with you too.
Say Hello To Lúcia, our Interior Designer
Our work-hard, play-hard member of the SSBD team, working alongside Sofia and across solo projects in the residential and commercial sector, Lúcia is not one to shy away from a design challenge or renovation conundrum. Working closely with her suppliers, tradespeople and installation team to bring your projects to life.
Lúcia brings energetic dynamism to the team when it comes to getting things done, pivoting on projects and keeping the plates spinning.
Born and raised in the Algarve with an eclectic English and Portuguese family, Lúcia brings the best of both worlds to work with her work ethic, personality, relationships with suppliers and contacts and her speedy bi-lingual skills!
Having come from a fast-paced food and beverage and retail background, she is no stranger to being on the go and always approaches her work with an upbeat energy.
Ever the relationship builder, Lúcia is the first to jump into a project and get to know her client’s and pairing the right designs, tradespeople and suppliers for the job.
Lúcia’s top 3 life achievements to date include
Moving abroad at the tender age 19 to embark on solo travel and life in the UK. Enrolling in the Interior Design Institute and getting her diploma of Interior Design and becoming a mum, hands down one of her biggest achievements to date.
5 Fun facts you didn’t know about Lúcia
- Lúcia is a talented artist and paints in her spare time
- Unsurprisingly she is really good at DIY and often gets stuck in to any furniture building, refurbishing and upholstery
- She has a penchant for ridiculous dad jokes and can entertain you at the drop of a hat, just ask her for one!
- She may be seen spontaneously breaking out in dance when the feelings take over, much to the amusement of her colleagues
- Lúcia is a secret kitchen witch, without a doubt she is a star baker and holds the record for the most baked and brought in goods for her colleagues to try (Denise, you’re slacking)
Lúcia’s most influential books, movies, musicians/music and designers that inspire her are
- Books – My Friend Leonard and The Alchemist
- Movies – Legends of The Fall, Phantom Thread and HEAT
- Musicians that inspire – Jeff Buckley, Max Richer and Radio Head
- Designers Rose Uniacke and Charlotte Perriand
Words to live by…
Lúcia’s words to live by and motto in life is that if you can’t control it, don’t worry about it… and ‘all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us’
Thank you for taking the time to get to know us, we’re excited to share more behind-the-scenes moments, updates, and team content with you. To stay in the loop, follow us on our Instagram page! Let’s continue this journey together…